Etiquetes

dilluns, 5 de maig del 2014

INTERVIEW WITH JOHN MALCOLM

John Malcolm was born in Derbyshire Liverpool in 1975. He studied in the Oxford University. He got a degree in Physics and now has become an expert in “Nanoscience and Nanotecnology”. He is here to answer me some questions that I have about the degree and about the profession that I could have in the future if I study Nanoscience.

What is “Nanoscience and Nanotecnology”?
Nanocience and Nanotecnology is the study of the science and its application but at a microscopic level. Even more little than microscopic level.

Why did not you do this degree and you choose physics?
When I was a student, this degree didn’t exist. It is quite new. But I have to say that physics is required in Nanocience.

What professions could I do after finishing the degree?
Well, as far as I have said that it is a new degree, it is difficult to say which career you could have in the future. However, the degree is a mix of a lot of topics like chemistry, physics, biology, etc. So, when you finish the degree, you can specialize, if you want, in a lot of masters.

What did you find interesting in this topic?
I find this part of the science interesting for two reasons: the first one is that, as I have said before, it is a mix and for me it is good to get knowledge about topics which are related but different too. The second reason is that it is an emergent science and it is the future, so it is interesting to do something new and to collaborate with the progress.

Why it is said that “Nanoscience and Nanotecnology” is the future?

Well, on one hand, this degree works a lot on improve and maximize the power with the objective to reduce expenses. On the other hand, it also works to improve renewable power, which is something that all countries want to dominate.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada